Pages

First quilt!

I was so excited when I finished my first "large" quilt, early this summer, that I could not believe how great it came out. I started it February 2011 (yes I was that slow...) and finished it in June. The chosen fabrics layed in my shelves for about a year until I decided that something has to come out.
The idea was to make a baby play quilt, along with a plush toy, as a gift for her bauptism. And this is the result.
The plush was really fun to make, and it came out pretty large in size. The fabrics I used where from:
  • Michael Miller "groovy guitars" "large pretty petals", "Large Leafy Stripe", "Large Curly Swirl", "Zoology"
  • Sherri Berry "Have a sheri Berry Holiday"
  • Alexander Henry "Briquetage Turquoise"
  • Robert Kaufman Kona cotton: Emerald, turquoise (i think)....
+Front of the quilt
+Back of the quilt


+All ready!


+Roby and the plush-cube
Sometimes things come out so simple but still so unique...I hope she is enjoying it!

Zafira Vaxevanidou

I'm Zafira and I live in Greece. I love quilting and Geek & Sundry. Recently I opened a new YouTube Channel called The Quilt Codex, and it's aim is to make 2000 quilt block tutorials! Visit us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram